A bootable pen drive is very useful and handy when you need to install Windows system on your PC or laptop. Even If you do not have internet connection, you can still create a Windows bootable USB drive from your computer or laptop.Using a Windows 10 bootable USB drive , you can install or upgrade Windows without having an Internet. But still you will require an active Internet connection to activate it.
In this post, I will tell you the easiest trick to create bootable USB drive.
How to Create Bootable USB Drive?
Note: You can also use the CMD to create a bootable USB drive as stated in the Microsoft Docs if none of the methods work for creation of Bootable drive
Create Windows 10 Bootable USB Drive Using the Media Creation Tool
If you don’t want to use any third-party application to create a bootable USB drive, then you need to download the media creation tool from Here.
Once you have downloaded Windows Media Creation Tool, launch this application to get started by following the few steps below:
1. After launching application, you have to accept the agreement of application.
2. After that, you have to select the option “Create Installation Media i.e. USB drive, ISO file or DVD and click on “Next”.
3. Then application will ask you to select Language, Edition and the architecture of the Windows. You need to Select as per your requirements.
4. Click on “Next” to proceed. Now, you will be ask to select the media. So, select “USB drive” and make sure that the USB flash drive is of 8 GB storage, at least.
5. Select the your specific USB drive from the list. Here’s how it looks:
6. At the end, the required files will be downloaded automatically, and your USB drive will be converted into a bootable USB flash drive. And, all the existing files or data present of the flash drive will be deleted.
Now you an use this bootable flash drive to install or upgrade Windows.
Create a Bootable USB using Rufus
Rufus is one of popular and the easiest tool to create bootable Windows 10 USB. before using Rufus, all you need to download the Windows 10 ISO file to your computer.
Note: You have to visit the download page from different OS like Ubuntu or Mac, also you can use your smartphone or you can use proxy services. Then you will get access to download the media creation tool.
Here’s how it looks, when you click on the download page:
So, you need to select the edition and click on “Confirm”.
Once you are done, you will be asked to select the language of product i.e. English / English International. So, proceed further to get the download links to Windows 10.
Note: All the links generated will be valid for 24 hours from time of creation. So, you have to download the ISO file before the link expires.
After downloading the ISO file, you should proceed to download Rufus from here, official site.
Follow the few steps to make your USB drive bootable using Rufus application
1. Once you have downloaded the Rufus from official site, run the application to launch the Rufus.
2. . When you launch the Rufus, it will automatically detect your USB drive. If you have more than one USB flash drives, then select the specific usb drive.
3. then, you need to select the ISO file by clicking on the option as directed in the image below.
4. . Once you select desire ISO file, just click on “Start” and wait for few time. It will take a few minutes for completion. And, Its Done!
Now you know how to make Windows 10 bootable USB – you can upgrade/install your windows system.
if you encounter any problem while following the steps mentioned above, then please Let me know in the comment section below . Also, if you know any other trick to create a bootable USB device, apart from the mentioned in this post, please let me know about it.